Purchase cards are Visa credit cards issued to individual university employees for use while traveling on University approved business and for the purchase of approved items or payment of approved services. As employees of a public university, cardholders must be good stewards of taxpayer funds. The Cardholder and Reconciler both have a responsibility to ensure that all university funds are used wisely and in accordance with established purchasing policies. All Pcard transactions will be reviewed each month for adherence to University Purchasing and Travel policies.
Some things to remember when using a University Purchase Card:
- The university is exempt from paying North Carolina Sales tax and our tax exempt number is noted on your credit card.
- For inperson purchases be sure to notify vendor (cashier) of your tax exempt status prior to the purchase being processed.
- For online purchases you’ll need to review the vendor’s website for setting up a tax exempt purchase.
- Do not use your Purchase Card for Marketplace vendors or for purchases on campus.
- Items ordered using a Purchase Card for payment, that are being shipped, must be shipped to a University address.
Instructions for Purchase Card Holders:
- Cardholders Roles and Responsibilities
- Proper Documentation Requirements
- Uploading and Matching Receipts
- Restaurant Meal Charges
- Sales Tax Exemption
- International Travel
- Allowable Purchases
- Non-Allowable Purchases
- Pin Retrieval
- Request a One-time Transaction Limit Increase
- Accidental Use of Pcard for personal charge
- Leaving the University/Department
Instructions for Purchase Card Reconcilers
- Reconciler’s Responsilbilities
- Reconcile Monthly Charges
- Documentation Requirements for Expenditures REG 07.05.01
- Fraudulent and Disputed Charges
- Routing the Statement for Approval
- Requesting a Card for a New Employee
- International Travel
- Missing Receipt Form
- Cardholder leaving University/Department
Pcard Billing address: NCSU, 2721 Sullivan Dr, Campus Box 7212, Raleigh, NC 27695
Report a card lost or stolen
During University Business Hours (Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm) contact the Purchase Card Administrator at 919-515-8097.
Nights and Weekends – contact Bank of America at 1-888-449-2273.
For more information see the Purchase Card Website.