Lodging and Meals
- You can not prepay for Lodging.
- If you want to use a Non-Commerical Lodging Establishment (Airbnb, VRBO) you must request prior approval before departing on your trip.
If you use Non-Commerical Lodging without prior approval and you use your purchase card to pay for it you may need to reimburse the University for the cost.
- To be in “Travel Status” and be eligible for lodging & meal per diem your destination must be at least 35 miles from the University.
- University “Purchase” cards should not be used for meal purchases when in Travel Status. If you are eligible for meal reimbursement you will be paid at the per diem rate.
- The “Begin” and “End” times on your Travel Reimbursement will determine your per Diem reimbursement.